Thursday, June 28, 2007

Short & Sweet

Work is very busy these days, and I've already gotten in nearly 40 hours and it's only Thursday morning. I'm pretty doggone tired, but it's starting to get cooler outside and isn't quite so "wilting" when I walk outside today.

I'm at the hospital every week now for testing - Dr. ordered a Biophysical Profile and Non-Stress test every week to watch Kaity closely for her developing size. At 32 weeks +2 days, they measured her at approximately 5 lbs 14 oz. Normal babies at that stage are about 4 lbs. Dr. said there is usually about 1 lb give or take... I'm testing my sugar 4 times a day and take 2 oral pills every day - 1 in the am and 1 in the pm. We may have to resort to insulin, but the dr is checking me weekly before deciding that, and we're going to do everything we can to avoid a c-section and too-early delivery...

We're making progress getting things ready for Kaity, and making some changes in Claira's room so she has something "new", too. She's growing way too fast and is starting to talk about Kaity more, although she doesn't fully comprehend what bringing home a baby means just yet, but she's sharp and she's trying to figure things out!

Greg's work schedule is really starting to pick up and he's getting more clients - he's having busier work days and fewer cancellations this week. It seems that most days he's really enjoying the counseling a lot.

Won't be long now and we'll have two girls and wonder what we ever did with our lives before we got married. =()

1 comment:

cafegirl said...

Deb - I can't believe Kaity is almost here! That is so darn cool. 2 definitely isn't easier than one, but the sibling interaction is so awesome!!!! Johnny and Karli had their baby 3 weeks early (on Sunday) and he's a real doll. I have photos on my blog. Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures of your new little one! Dawn