Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Long Time, No Write...

So it has been 3 months since I've blogged - been a little busy...

We're now 18 weeks along in our pregnancy. Baby is really starting to move around and make his presence known. No, we don't know for SURE that it's a boy, but our ultrasound is scheduled for March 23, and hopefully he will feel like showing off...

Claira is growing like a weed. She is saying phrases and sentences and is wayyyyyy too smart. We have fun with her, and she is learning how to whine for things, and we are learning how to teach her to ask for things. =) We are trying to prepare her for a sibling as much as we can, and it's going to be fun. She likes to pat or hug or kiss my tummy (or even hit occasionally), and says "Baby" or "My Baby." She tries putting her milk cup to my belly button because we tell her that the baby will drink milk. She'll tilt her head, kinda squint her eyes, and say, "Awwwwww" when we talk about babies or see pictures of babies. She's certainly going to enjoy being a big sister...

Greg has started a new job today - counseling with alcohol & substance abuse. He worked at a place for about 4 weeks as a crisis counselor, but it wasn't to his liking or taste. It also required some on-call time and overnight stays, which after he started and understood how much he'd be gone and how far away he'd be, realized it wasn't something he wanted to do. His new job is a ways away, too, but it's more to his liking, and there is a possibility of it becoming a full-time gig.

I've had some minor ups & downs with the pregnancy - urinary tract infection, which can cause pain, bleeding, even preterm labor - and although it has not been serious, we're just trying to take things a little slower. It's hard to do when we both work, have Claira, and I'm taking online classes, but we're figuring it out. I'm having serious insomnia which is just wearing me out - but the dr gave me a prescription, and I got one night's rest this week, which was totally amazing. I will only use them occasionally, and look forward to knowing those nights of rest are available to me now!

School is great. Other than my math class. Although this last Math section was actually decent and gave me some hope - I took an American History course and got a B. I am now continuing with the Math class, and have added a Humanities course and a Bible course. I'm enjoying them a lot. It's a challenge - finding the time to do it all - but we just got internet at home, and it's going to make things a bit easier to manage. =)

For the most part, we're all doing well, and are just trying to take things one day at a time. Will try to post more often and stay updated...

No comments: