Monday, June 12, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mikhael

I got to call Mikhael and wish him happy birthday for the first time. He is 18 years old today. I spent a lot of time yesterday & today thinking about many of the moments before & after he was born. He was born at 5:20 am on Sunday - he weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and was 19.5" long. Perfectly gorgeous. I called & chatted with him while he spent the weekend in Dallas with his mom, visiting his Aunt Kim, and stocking up on WAKEBOARD gear... (For more info, visit: http://www.prowakeboardtour.com/index.jsp )

Seeing him a few weeks ago - practically all grown up and getting ready to enter adulthood - hugging him. Once again, I was living a dream come true. It's not often a person gets to do that, and even as it was happening, there were moments that felt too good to be real.

But real it was, and real it is. I almost feel like the Velveteen Rabbit, now...

Mikhael - Happy Birthday. I am so glad you were born and so honored to have been the one who brought you into the world. I am so blessed to have watched you grow up (thank you, Cyndi!) and am grateful for the opportunity to get to know. I pray for your good health and safety. I pray that God blesses you each and every day and that you have a sense of knowing just how wonderful and special you are. I love you so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deb,
You are such an amazing woman. To have gone through what you have over the past 18 years is just unbelievable. I wish you all the very best life together. And can I please see photos of your son?
Love, Sharon